Saturday, August 22, 2009

Choker Give Away and Enchilada Lasagna

Choker Necklace Give Away
I just wanted to remind those readers that haven't  signed up for the Choker necklace give away that it's not too late.  Here's the link to the original blog give away that explains the easy directions.  This is your last week to enter.


Enchilada Lasagna
from Sandra Lee's Money Saving Meals cookbook

Cooks Review
* Super easy to make.  Directions were a breeze.
* Ingredients were inexpensive, and generic brands lowered my cost further.   Most of the ingredients were on the same isle or neighboring isles.  This made shopping fast and minimized distractions (the sweet lovers know what I mean).  
* Use the Reynolds Non Stick foil.  I bought regular foil and the cheesey top stuck
to the foil. I had to scrape if off and put it back on the casserole.  Sometimes,
it's better to pay a little more to achieve a great outcome.  
* My grocery store didn't have the McCormick Mexican seasoning.   I guessed as
to what might be in it.  I used granulated onion, cumin, sweet smoked paprika, & pepper.  I was gonna add oregano, but I think that's what my hubby didn't like in
the Greek Chicken the night before.
* None of us like ricotta cheese, so I substituted the ricotta with sour cream.
* I also acidentally bought whole black beans instead of refried, so I just mashed dem up with a potato masher and voula "refried beans".

Taste Review
* I won't mention names but here are the individual ratings for this dish.  Just a
reminder that 1=gross..."never again",  and 10=loved it..."keeper".

*  Person Rating
1 9
2 9
3 4
4 10
5 9

This recipe scored much higher.  My daughter's friend came over and ate with us, and she gave it a 10.


No comments: