Thursday, September 3, 2009

Homemade PJs

The Sewing bug bit me and I quickly got the itch to
make myself a summer PJ.

Keep in mind that I'm a newbie.
I used fabric that I purchased 9 yrs. ago. Ya! I know.
I just came up with the simplest design I could. I am 
especially
proud of how the top trim and straps came out.

The criscross back was my honey's idea and he helped 
with the placement of the straps (while I tried it on). I really don't have 
eyes in the back of my head.  Shhh!  Don't tell my little 
one.  This is our secret.  I used pretty ditty's tutorial 
on how to shirr (scrunch up the fabric) on small portion
on the back.  Without  shirring, the back just drooped.  
Noo good.  Now it fits comfortably. Aaw!

3 comments:

Pretty Ditty said...

Did you design that yourself? Very good!

GoyaDesigns said...

Yup, that's my simple pj design. I'm honored you like it, miss fabric artist

Shunshine Girl said...

Really cute! I especially like the back. Very attractive.