YAY!
My Daughter graduated from High School, and she plans on attending UCR for business.
Good, maybe she can teach me a thing or two, so I can build up mine.
We hosted a dinner for her this past Saturday and she requested a Cupcake Bar instead of a traditional tiered cake. She wanted several flavors, which worked out to suite guests' diverse taste buds.
(FYI: purple and silver are her school colors)
With the hustle and bustle of hosting, I didn't take pictures of the set up, but my sister took two pix from her phone. Not the best resolution, but way better than the zero pictures I took.
Check it Out.
Starting from right to left I present to you:
Cinnamon Cupcakes with a whipped frosting
Not shown in picture: Chocolate w/Chocolate Chip Cupcake
they are in the plate that is peaking underneath the
they are in the plate that is peaking underneath the
Lemon Cupcake w/Lemon custard & Lemon drop
Strawberry Cupcake w/Strawberry Cream cheese frosting
Chocolate Cupcake w/chocolate frosting (only 3 left @ time of pix)
Angel Food Coconut Caps (below)
The Lemon Cupcakes & Angel Food Coconut Caps are from the amazing book: Cupcakes!
I made some modifications to recipes to make them more of what I wanted.
For example: using the Lemon custard as a frosting instead of the traditional use as a filling. The book pairs the Lemon cake w/a totally different frosting, which I'm sure is delicious too.
May I suggest that you try a Cupcake Bar at your next celebration or dinner party. You can pull this together w/ store bought cake mix and frosting or whipped topping if you don't wanna bake from scratch.
Sweet endings.


No comments:
Post a Comment